THE PRODUCE AND PROTEIN BOX ($160)
Produce and protein staples for a family of 4, for a week
(or a smaller family that cooks a lot!)
- Produce Selection: a seasonal selection of fresh, local fruit and vegetables, either organic, or if not certified organic, the farms that grow them follow organic practices, and are often “beyond organic”; our produce farmers are mostly based in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, or within 150 miles of Los Angeles. Plenty for a family of 4 (or a household that cooks alot!) to get through the week.
- Meat Selection: three cuts of pastured, organic, local meat, sourced from Jimenez Family Farms, Rancho San Julian, Dey Dey’s Best Beef, Rocky Canyon, Sonoma Lamb and Pork, (for example: a whole chicken, a pack of sausages, and steak; or chicken breasts, brisket, ground beef - each week a different selection). We fully support “nose to tail” eating, so will explore various cuts of meat, and always include instructions on how to prepare it.
- 1 x dried pulses, OR a mix, OR grain, OR pie shell etc.
- 1 x pack of nuts, seeds or dried fruit (from Peacock Farms, Fat Uncle Farms, Santa Barbara Pistachios, and others)
- 1 x Fair Trade product: a rotation of coffee, tea, sugar, rice, quinoa, chocolate. Investing in Fair Trade is our way of moving our food dollars into the greater community, as well as our own.
- 1 x recipes and suggested meal plan created by our team of farm to table chefs, to see you through the week
Produce & Protein Box available for Couples: $140 (Couples Meat and Produce selections)